domingo, 22 de marzo de 2009

Maxwell's Mammoth Marathon Monster!!



On the 26th April, I will be running the London Marathon on behalf of Shelter. There is now less than 5 weeks to go until the big race! As you can see, I have raised just over half my target and this is great. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting and sponsoring me.

Nevertheless, there is still five weeks left and still plenty of hard training to complete and still plenty of money to raise. Running the race in under 4 hours is still my target and so there's still some key long distance training runs that I have to squeeze in. So far, my longest run has been 23 miles and the fastest has been my half marathon (13.1 miles) in 90 minutes! Next weekend is another 20 mile run so please, please, please keep the sponsorship money coming in.

If you want to come and support on the day all race day info can be found at www.london-marathon.co.uk . There's plenty of pubs to hang out in all along the route and the atmosphere should be fantastic.

Have a look at the Chariots of Fire remake, if you haven't already (to the left) and watch this space for more Marathon stuff. Thanks for all your support :-)

Shelter are a charity supporting the lives of homeless and badly housed people. If you leave a donation, you will not only be helping me but also the important work that Shelter carry out. Come race day, when I've got stitch and my legs are hurting; when I hit the wall and think I've got nothing left to give... I'll think of you and this will get me through it! Knowing that you are supporting me and Shelter will make a huge difference. I'll keep you updated on my progess. Keep an eye out for forthcoming marathon videos.

Many thanks,

Max xx

Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Shelter gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario